Pages

Sunday, March 25, 2012

The Anakin Infatuation

Originally posted June 9, 2006



There has been a lot of talk lately about Anakin and his "unmentionable" Force abilities. This entry goes out to "my gals:" VA2, AS1, HG3, Ami, Master Andy, MO2, and all those who responded to the other entries. This is also my attempt to "lighten up" the mood from my previous entries...hopefully it works out ok.

All right, the question I am posing here today is...What is it about Anakin that has driven all of us to this infatuation...this infatuation that began in an entry by HG3 and has "exploded" (no pun intended  ) into entries by VA2, AS1, MO2, and even Wampa Jedi? We all know where the discussion has taken us up to this point   , but I'm curious as to what "traits" of Anakin's (besides the obvious--powerful Force abilities, fabulous 6-pack, gorgeous while "sweating"...   ) make each of us "swoon."

For me, Anakin is everything I'm not...he's adventurous, unafraid to go against the "grain" (that one's for you VA2  ), unafraid to occasionally "throw caution to the wind." As anakinside1 quoted in her last entry: "He is a wild creature who has come gently to her hand..." Anakin is a force of nature, a whirlwind of emotion. He comes on strong and fierce in everything he does. He is like the electricity in lightening, the sound in thunder, there is no need for him to reach out into the force because there is no part of him that is not in it all the time. This essentially sums up the qualities in Anakin that have "pushed" me into this "infatuation" of sorts. It also helps that he has "killer" eyes...eyes that, when they look deeply into yours, you know that they're meant for you...and a confidence that exudes sensuality...a trait I just love in a man.

He's strong, yet gentle; he's confident, yet unsure; he's simple, yet complicated...all conflicting traits that would make being with him mysterious, exciting, and adventurous, never dull. It is all of these combined that have often made me wish there really was an Anakin and I really was his Padme'...or that I would be able to experience a love like theirs. Yes, I know that this "story" is not real and that this is a fantasy...but who can blame me for wishing?   Who knows, maybe someday I will meet "my Anakin" and life will be filled with love and adventure.

OK...now it's your turn. Tell me what inspires you about Anakin, what it is that makes you all "warm and fuzzy" inside when you see or think about him. Curious I am

2 comments:

  1. he's very loyal to a cause. and he does everything he can to stop suffering from happening. i agree with wht you have stated as well. wht got to him was his nerves. he couldn't control it anymore. i hope to meet my anakin as well. someday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a lot about Anakin (even Vader, really) that one can find inspirational. And as has been pointed out many times before, his worst trait is also his best--devotion to family and loved ones. When you look at a Sith like Sidious or Maul, you get the impression they don't give a flip about their mom, their dad, their girlfriend, whatever. Not Anakin. When he's in, he's all in.

    ReplyDelete